As in all sports, even in the sport of golf there are various records won over the years.
In this article we see the most famous records.
– Longest-serving member of a golf club: the record of a golf club’s longest-standing member belongs to Geoffrey Crosskill, registered for the first time at the age of 12 on 1 January 1934 at the Eaton Golf Club in Norwich, until January 18, 2016. His membership in the Club has had an exceptional duration of record length of 82 years and 18 days.
– The most distant shot against a moving car: golfer Jake Shepherd managed to hit with the ball the Mercedes-Benz driven by former Formula One driver David Coulthard in the challenge that took place at the Dunsfold Aerodrome. The car that traveled at a speed of over 200 kilometers per hour was hit by the champion, who managed to give the ball a speed of 286.46 km / h, making it perform a trajectory of more than 275 meters.
– The largest number of 18-hole golf courses visited in a year: Canadian spouses Cathie and Jonathan Weaver between April 1, 2008 and March 31, 2009 visited and played in 449 camps between the United States and Canada, crossing several countries .
– The youngest maker of a Hole in One: On July 1, 2007 Soona Lee-Tolley, a very young American girl of only 5 years, made an incredible Hole in One in par 3 at the Manhattan Woods Golf Club in West Nyack, becoming so the youngest to achieve a similar and very successful shot.
– The largest collection of golf club memorabilia: Robert Lantsoght of Malaga in 1992 began his very own collection of memorabilia from golf clubs around the world that he proudly exhibits at his restaurant, which now houses the considerable amount of 4,393 pieces!